We’re currently growing, and we’d love to add some new writers to our crew! If you are passionate about Park Slope, Ditmas Park, Carroll Gardens, or Fort Greene, please get in touch about the possibilities for full-time and contributing writer opportunities.
If you have a love of your neighborhood, and have a desire to share that love while helping to make your neighborhood a better place for everyone who lives here, join our team!
Summary: Oversees editorial content. Must have a passion for local news and engagement in your community, be able to write quickly and accurately, and have a deep understanding of content management systems and social media.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Be the face of the neighborhood, the ultimate source for everything that’s going on in Park Slope/Ditmas Park/Carroll Gardens/Fort Greene.
• Research, report, and write both original and aggregated content.
• Seek out interesting stories, know when breaking news is happening, and prioritize it all quickly.
• Attend community meetings and other important events.
• Help guide the editorial direction of the site based on metrics, community input, and new ideas.
• Expand the site’s reach through social networks, creative marketing, and just talking to neighbors on the street.
• A passion for the neighborhood, and for sharing its stories.
• Experience with writing, photography, and the social web.
• Experience working independently and under tight deadlines.
• Excellent news judgement.
• Flexibility, and an eagerness to help the site grow and change.
• Must be willing to live in or near the neighborhood you cover, since you will be spending a lot of time here, and knowing it intimately is the most important part of the job!
POSITION: CONTRIBUTING WRITER
Got a love for your neighborhood and a desire to express it? Looking to build up a portfolio of writing? We’d love to provide a regular forum for your work, and are open to your pitches — however, if you’d just like to get involved, we can help with ideas for pieces.
Corner News Media is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.