Keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all the week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and sign up for our daily newsletter.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• Oh, that was just Robert De Niro hanging out on 7th Avenue, that’s all.
• GreenSpace on 4th, a new community garden, is finally opening after decades of delays.
• Searching for communal connectedness at a dinner church in Gowanus.
• Eleven Consignment Boutique is opening another location across the street.
• A 68-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly stealing a handbag at Tea Lounge.
• Have you seen the new mural on the side of Mavi?
• Canvas has closed, and Japanese crepes are coming soon.
• Neighbors voice opinions on replacing a garage with rentals on Union Street.
• Bar with a backyard we love: Flatbush Farm Bar (just mind the Garden Snake).
• Omni Beauty Salon has replaced Silky on 5th Avenue.
• Finally, the Kentile Floors sign is down to being the I Floors sign.